If you have had an accident in Union Township, NJ, you will need to obtain a crash report for your car insurance and personal injury attorney. This information can help when requesting an accident report from the Union Township Police Records Department.

The primary mission of the Union Township Police Records Department is to maintain and update all of the official records and files, such as incident and motor vehicle accident reports.

Accident Crash ReportsUnion NJ

For accidents involving a fatality

If the crash involved a fatality, request a crash report by completing an OPRA form where you will be given the choice of how you want the crash report sent to you, by US mail, email, fax, or picked up.

If you also need a copy of the Crash Investigative Report, complete the form at Records request for all reports and digital media at https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/CrashReports/Search/DetailDiscovery?type=all
Serious/Fatal Investigation reports are not public records, and as such require a subpoena signed by an officer of the court or an order issued by a judge. The form provides prompts to upload the subpoena or court order.

Note that Crash Investigation Reports are only retained for six years.

For accidents that do not involve a fatality

  • In Person – Any member of the public that wishes to pick up a police report may go in person to the Union Police Department Records Department located at 981 Caldwell Avenue, Union, NJ 07083.
  • Online – Accident reports are available online immediately following the completion and approval of the report. Some reports will be available the same day, but some may take longer if there are extenuating circumstances. Please visit Lexis/Nexis to see if your report is available.Alternatively, you can order a copy of the police accident report online at https://www.crashdocs.org for a fee of $5.00.

Information Needed to Locate an Accident Report

1. Exact spelling of your name and date of birth, that you supplied to the Police Officer taking your report.
2. The date and time that the incident occurred.
3. The location of the incident.
4. The type of incident (example: car accident, theft, assault, etc.)
5. License plates of cars involved in motor vehicle accidents.

Union Township, NJ Police Records Department

Please call the Union Township Police Records Department at  908-851-5090 with any questions you may have.

Union Township Police Records Department
981 Caldwell Avenue
Union, NJ 07083

Please contact NJ Injury Lawyer Howard Lesnik, Esq., immediately if you were involved in a car accident and were injured or suffered damages. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.

Guide - How to Choose an Attorney for your NJ Personal Injury Case