The phrase “Home Sweet Home” applies to apartment buildings in addition to houses in New Jersey. Any landlord or apartment owner has to keep his complex free from any danger or unreasonable risk of bodily injury to all tenants and their guests. If you are injured as a tenant or guest at an apartment complex, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries caused by the landlord or property owner’s negligence.
In New Jersey, a property owner is liable for the safety of everyone who is lawfully on their premises. This means that a landlord is required to keep his property in a reasonably safe condition. If a landlord or owner fails to maintain the property in a reasonably safe manner and you are injured as a result, the landlord or property owner will be liable to compensate you for the injuries suffered.
If you or a family member are injured in at an apartment complex, you need an experienced New Jersey injury lawyer to ensure you are fairly compensated. At My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq., I fight to ensure my clients receive the benefits they are entitled to. I am experienced in negotiating with insurance companies and representing apartment complex accident victims throughout New Jersey.
Is the Apartment Complex Liable if I Slip and Fall?
In New Jersey, the owner or landlord of an apartment complex is required to repair all hazards in the building and on the property. This includes hallways, elevators, sidewalks, parking lots and walkways. The owner or landlord is responsible for any known or obvious hazards that can injure a tenant or a guest of the tenant. The apartment owners and landlords must keep the entire rental property safe, make all repairs to dangerous conditions, remove all hazards, and ensure the safety of all tenants and their guests. The apartment complex must not only keep the property safe, but it must also repair any defects, including stairs, sidewalks, lighting conditions, fixtures, walls, mold, heat, air-conditioning and other appliances.
What Should I do if I Slip and Fall at an Apartment Complex in NJ?
- Immediately report the incident to the landlord or property manager
- Make sure the landlord or property manager completes an incident report
- Take the name and number of the property manager who makes the report
- If there are other tenants or witnesses who saw you fall, ask for their name and number
- Take photographs of the hazard that caused you to slip and fall at the apartment
- Call the police or ambulance if you require emergency medical care
- If you left the apartment without making a report – go back and notify the landlord or owner
- Contact a NJ personal injury lawyer to discuss your claim
Who do you Sue if you are Injured at an Apartment Complex in New Jersey?
The owner of the apartment complex or the landlord is responsible to keep the apartment complex safe. Also, many apartment complexes have contracts with other companies to maintain the property, to remove ice and snow, and to provide security and safety for tenants and guests at the property. Your attorney can file a claim against not only the owner and landlord, but all parties who are hired to maintain the property and provide security at the apartment. An attorney that is truly aggressive and experienced will complete a thorough investigation and make claims against all companies responsible if you are injured at an apartment complex.
What if I am Assaulted or a Victim of a Crime at an Apartment in NJ?
In New Jersey, landlords have a duty to protect patrons and tenants from foreseeable criminal acts of third parties occurring on their premises. If you were assaulted at an apartment property, and there were prior similar incidents of violence on the premises, then the apartment or landlord will be liable for your injuries. Also, courts look at prior occurrences of less serious crimes (even nearby), size and layout of apartment complex property, absence of security measures. A landlord has a legal duty to take reasonable security measures for protection of tenants and guests. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P Lesnik investigates the security at an apartment complex, and reviews whether there are patrol vehicles, security cameras, and requests records of all prior criminal activity near the apartment complex.
Why Hire My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
- I always offer a free strategy session with no obligation.
- I never charge a client a fee unless I recover cash settlement.
- I personally provide exclusive one on one devotion to each client.
- I handle all insurance communication, applications and forms at no charge.
- I have obtained countless successful verdicts and settlements for my clients
- My office provides accident investigation services, including obtaining police reports, ambulance reports, 911-calls, witness statements, surveillance video, and all medical reports and records.
- I will litigate your case. If your case cannot be settled with the insurance company, I will file a lawsuit for your accident claim. Most cases settle before trial. But I also look forward to presenting any claim before a jury if necessary.
- I have almost 20 years of experience handling New Jersey personal injury cases.
About My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
Howard Lesnik began practicing personal injury law in 2001, and is vastly skilled in car accident claims, including taking depositions, motion practice, and trial experience. Howard personally handles every car accident case himself and does not farm them out to other attorneys or offices. He brings almost 20 years of experience, countless successful settlements and verdicts, and a drive to help NJ car accident victims get justice they deserve against enormous insurance companies.
Howard is extremely excited by his record of success stories both in and out of the court room. However, he is also honored about how his clients’ experiences with his firm. Howard has 100% positive reviews on Google, Martindale, AVVO and Lawyers.com. Howard is a member of the Ethics Committee and makes sure that all his clients get the attention they deserve and strives to make sure they are satisfied throughout the entire process.
If you or a loved one is injured in a slip and fall accident at a apartment complex in NJ, you should contact an attorney familiar with handling these claims. An experienced NJ Injury Lawyer will know how to obtain the incident report, preserve the apartment’s security video of your fall, and contact the insurance company for the apartment so you can make a claim for your injuries.
My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq. offers free strategy sessions to address any issue or questions you may have your apartment complex slip and fall claim in NJ.
Please contact NJ Injury Lawyer Howard Lesnik, Esq., immediately if you were involved in a slip and fall accident at a apartment complex. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.