New Jersey Head and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
If you or a family member suffered a head or traumatic brain injury (TBI) as an accident victim, you need an experienced New Jersey injury lawyer to ensure you are fairly compensated. At My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq., I fight to ensure my clients receive the compensation they are entitled to. If you or a loved one suffered a TBI or head injury in an accident in New Jersey, seek medical attention right away and then call My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq.
A leading factor for death and disability in the U.S. is traumatic brain injury. The number of ER visits, deaths, and hospital admissions skyrocketed by over 50% for TBI-related injuries between 2006 to 2014. According to a recent study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), 155 people died every day from injuries related to TBI. People who survive TBI can suffer from the effects for their entire life. TBI injuries can affect a person’s long and short-term memory, the ability to coordinate movements, eye sight, and hearing. TBI can also impact a victim’s personality, and cause mood swings, depression, anger, or withdrawal. These symptoms impact not only the victims, but also can affect friends, families and other loved ones.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
A TBI disturbs the regular performance of the brain and is most often caused by trauma to the head, including a thump, bang, impact, crash or blow. Not all hits to the head result in injury or TBI. The extent of a TBI injury can range from “minor” such as a brief loss of consciousness to “serious” such as prolonged state of unconsciousness, memory impairment, forgetfulness and amnesia.
How often to people suffer Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
- The problem is rampant, and the CDC reported close to three million (3,000,000) TBI emergency room (ER) visits and deaths caused by TBI in 2014. More than 800,000 children accounted for this number.
- TBI was a contributing factor in over 56,000 deaths, including 2,500 children in 2014.
What are the Primary Causes of TBI?
- Fall downs comprise the most frequent cause of TBI. Falls made up close to half of all TBI hospitalizations in 2014 according to the CDC. Fall down accidents can occur on property with hazards or dangerous conditions.
- Four out of five (80%) TBI hospitalizations were for adults over 65 years old. Falls can also occur due to nursing home negligence.
- Motor vehicle accidents were the second leading cause of hospitalizations involving TBI and head injuries.
- Being hit in the head by an object was the third leading cause for TBI hospitalizations. Workplace accidents and defective products frequently lead to head injuries.
- More than 1 out of 4 hospitalizations for hospitalizations for objects striking heads were for children under the age of 17. Sports and recreation accidents account for the majority to TBI cases involving children.
- Assaults rounded out the fourth leading cause of TBI.
Compensation for TBI and Head Injuries in NJ
I fight to ensure my clients receive the benefits they are entitled to. I am experienced in negotiating with insurance companies and representing accident victims throughout New Jersey. I understand the intricacies of NJ accident laws and fight for you so your rights are protected.
Insurance companies have teams of lawyers and claims adjusters all over the country representing their interests. You need someone to represent your rights to make sure you are fairly and adequately compensated for your pain, suffering, medical bills and expenses. The insurance company can move on to the next claim after your case. You can never reopen your claim after it is settled. You need to have an experienced NJ Injury Lawyer fight for you to make sure you receive compensation for your permanent injuries.
The insurance company’s job is to make sure you receive as little compensation as possible, if any. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik will make sure that your claim is handled professionally so the insurance company gives it the attention – and compensation – you deserve.
If you or a loved one suffered a TBI or head injury in an accident, you should contact an attorney familiar with handling these claims. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq. offers free 30-minute strategy sessions to address any issue or questions you may have about your injury, medical bills or your accident claim. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.