If you read one sentence: Don’t post anything online after an accident in New Jersey.
I have a confession: I am an avid user of social media. I constantly check my Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts. Now that I mentioned it, follow me @LesnikLaw. Social media allows me to connect with friends, family and colleagues. I search for the latest news, trends and topics each day. I scroll down my feeds so far I feel like I’m going down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland.
The internet is endless, so I’ve heard. There are almost 4.5 billion internet users worldwide, and almost 3.5 billion social media users worldwide. And if you’re still counting, over 5 billion people have mobile phones in 2019! There are over 800 social media sites available for all these internet users. Everyone wants to get “likes”, “friends”, “retweets” and the holy grail, “trending”. Everyone is trying to Keep up with the Kardashians. And the #1 way to do so is to post how fantastic you are. Unless you were in an accident in New Jersey…
Insurance Companies Will Troll Your Social Medial After an Accident in NJ
As soon as you finish reading, remember to Google your name. Your name will be at the top of the page unless you don’t have any social medial accounts. If you do have social media accounts, you will see how easy it is for the insurance company to stalk you. They will know what your hobbies, your travels, your favorite movies, music and TV shows, and even what college or professional team you root for. They can learn where you went to school, where you used to work, and where you even live.
Why Your Social Media is Important to Your Accident Case in NJ
- Once you post it, you can’t erase it. You can try to delete it, but nothing escapes the internet. It can be recovered from your social media profile history, or it can be “screen shot” before it was deleted and saved forever.
- It can be used against you in so many ways. Some examples….
- If you post a picture of you happy after the accident, the insurance company will bring it to court and tell the jury that you’re fine and there’s no pain or suffering in your life…
- If you post an adventurous picture hiking, swimming, biking, running, even walking… The defense will argue that you suffered no injury from the accident and can live a full and active life.
- If you post pictures on vacation, the insurance company will argue the accident does not prevent you from traveling and living the good life. Jurors who have never traveled may not understand.
- Exercise pictures will be the first defense exhibits that you’re healthy.
- Do you own high heels or dance? Not if you were injured in an accident.
- Do you play recreational sports? If you are fit enough to compete and post it online, you were not injured in an accident.
- Bottom line, If you can have fun, if you can be active, if you live life, if you can even smile – and you post it online after an accident in NJ, the insurance company will use it to say you’re doing just as well now as you were before the accident.
Insurance Companies Troll Your Family and Friends Accounts as well
Even if you do not post anything to social medial account after your accident, you are still being watched. Insurance companies will search your family and friend’s accounts. If you were in a photo posted by another user, it can still be used against you. Again, if you’re posted on the internet, it can be found. It doesn’t need to go viral because the insurance company will be focused on your life and your social media accounts only. If its posted, they will find it.
If You’re Posted at the Scene, the Insurance Companies Will Try to Take Away Your Green!
Social medial is a major part of everyone’s life. Snapchat, Periscope, WhatsApp, are all used every second of every day. But if you post pictures on social media apps, the insurance companies will find you – and hold it against you. Have you ever seen a television show or movie where they say, “anything you say can and will be used against you”? Well the same goes for social medial after accidents in NJ. Anything you post on the internet can and will be used against you. That’s why I say, if they see you having fun at the scene, they’ll try to take away your green…
Why Hire My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
- I always offer a free strategy session with no obligation.
- I never charge a client a fee unless I recover cash settlement.
- I personally provide exclusive one on one devotion to each client.
- I handle all insurance communication, applications and forms at no charge.
- I have obtained countless successful verdicts and settlements for my clients
- My office provides accident investigation services, including obtaining police reports, ambulance reports, 911-calls, witness statements, surveillance video, and all medical reports and records.
- I will litigate your case. If your case cannot be settled with the insurance company, I will file a lawsuit for your accident claim. Most cases settle before trial. But I also look forward to presenting any claim before a jury if necessary.
- I have almost 20 years of experience handling New Jersey accident cases.
About My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
Howard Lesnik began practicing personal injury law in 2001, and is vastly skilled in accident claims, including taking depositions, motion practice, and trial experience. Howard personally handles every accident case himself and does not farm them out to other attorneys or offices. He brings almost 20 years of experience, countless successful settlements and verdicts, and a drive to help NJ car accident victims get justice they deserve against enormous insurance companies.
Howard is extremely excited by his record of success stories both in and out of the court room. However, he is also honored about how his clients’ experiences with his firm. Howard has 100% positive reviews on Google, Martindale, AVVO and Lawyers.com. Howard is a member of the Ethics Committee and makes sure that all his clients get the attention they deserve and strives to make sure they are satisfied throughout the entire process.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in New Jersey, you should contact an attorney familiar with handling these claims. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq. offers free strategy sessions to address any issue or questions you may have about your injury, medical bills or your car accident claim. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.