Anyone who has lost a loved-one knows the sorrow, despair and grief that accompanies the death of a family member or friend. If the death is caused by the negligence of another, the family may be entitled to compensation. When tragedy like this strikes, no amount of money can fill the void left behind from your loss. Compensation for NJ wrongful death claims seeks justice for families in these tragedies. Victims are entitled to money damages for the economic losses the family has suffered, and will continue to suffer in the future, as a result of the wrongful death.
You should contact My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, if your family member suffered a wrongful death in NJ due to someone else’s negligence. I make sure that you are adequately compensation for your suffering. I have handled NJ wrongful death cases for 20 years and have the experience and knowledge to represent you if you’ve suffered the loss of a loved one due to another’s negligence in New Jersey.
What is NOT recoverable in NJ Wrongful Death Claims
- You cannot make a claim for pain and suffering in wrongful death claim. However, this type of claim CAN BE MADE in a Survivorship Claim. In a NJ Survivorship claim, you can seek compensation for the pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the death – even, sadly, if it was just a few moments.
- You cannot make a claim for the emotional damages, sorrow and distress the survivors experienced from the wrongful death. This cannot be included in the economic damages for the survivors.
What IS recoverable in NJ Wrongful Death Claims
- Economic Damages. This includes the amount of money the decedent earned at the time of his death. This also includes future earnings during the remainder of his life expectancy.
- Value of the loss of decedent’s services to the family survivors. This includes the benefit the survivors received from the decedent’s skills, services, aid, support, care, teaching, guidance, advise, and companionship, over his lifetime.
How Much is a NJ Wrongful Death Case Worth?
Compensation for NJ Wrongful Death claims are calculated based upon the amounts for these categories:
- The value of the decedent’s economic loss from the date of the death to the present date. The present date will be the date the claim settles or the date the jury renders its verdict after a trial.
- The future value of the decedent’s economic loss. This value is based upon the decedent’s life expectancy and work expectancy tables.
- Medical and Funeral Expenses.
At MyNJInjuryLawyer, Howard P. Lesnik has vast experience in handling numerous wrongful death cases. This allows me to evaluate the value of your claim to obtain the fairest settlement or jury verdict. In claims of significant financial losses, I hire economic experts for lost and future wages. These experts prepare reports to calculate your damages for the insurance company or jury to advocate for your maximum compensation.
Why Hire My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
- I always offer a free strategy session with no obligation.
- I never charge a client a fee unless I recover cash settlement.
- I personally provide exclusive one on one devotion to each client.
- I handle all insurance communication, applications and forms at no charge.
- I have obtained countless successful verdicts and settlements for my clients
- My office provides accident investigation services, including obtaining police reports, ambulance reports, 911-calls, witness statements, surveillance video, and all medical reports and records.
- I will litigate your case. If your case cannot be settled with the insurance company, I will file a lawsuit for your accident claim. Most cases settle before trial. But I also look forward to presenting any claim before a jury if necessary.
- I have almost 20 years of experience handling New Jersey car accident cases.
About My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
Howard Lesnik began practicing personal injury law in 2001, and is vastly skilled in wrongful death and accident claims, including taking depositions, motion practice, and trial experience. Howard personally handles every case himself and does not farm them out to other attorneys or offices. I bring almost 20 years of experience, countless successful settlements and verdicts, and a drive to help NJ victims get justice they deserve against enormous insurance companies.
Howard is extremely excited by his record of success stories both in and out of the court room. However, he is also honored about how his clients’ experiences with his firm. Howard has 100% positive reviews on Google, Martindale, AVVO and Lawyers.com. Howard is a member of the Ethics Committee and makes sure that all his clients get the attention they deserve and strives to make sure they are satisfied throughout the entire process.
If a loved one suffered a wrongful death in a New Jersey, you should contact an attorney familiar with handling these claims. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq. offers free strategy sessions to address any issue or questions you may have about these claims. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.