The Law Office of Howard P. Lesnik, LLC and the website www.mynjinjurylawyer.com will remain open and fully operational for legal services.
The widespread pandemic of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is now one of the most serious worldwide health-emergency in over a century and is impacting every person’s lives throughout New Jersey, the United States and the entire world. Many countries in Europe and Asia have instituted mandatory quarantines requiring all people to remain inside their homes. Some cities in the U.S. have already begun extended “shelter in place” restrictions. In New Jersey, the impact is felt for everyone as schools and businesses have been forced to close.
How will the coronavirus affect the courts and my case in New Jersey?
Municipal Courts in New Jersey will be closed for two weeks starting March 16, 2020 through March 27, 2020, to all litigants for parking tickets, moving and traffic violations, local ordinances. Additionally, most DWI and disorderly person offense cases have also been suspended. Fines can be paid online at njmcdirect.com
Superior Courts in New Jersey were closed on March 16 and March 17, 2020. The NJ Supreme Court issued a press release with the following information:
- NJ courts have suspended landlord/tenant cases.
- NJ have suspended sessions scheduled for the Grand Jury.
- NJ Worker’s Compensation courts are closed until April 3, 2020.
- NJ courts have suspended all NEW jury trials for all criminal and civil cases.
- NJ courts will continue jury trials that have already started as of March 12, 2020.
- NJ courts may adjourn and reschedule civil and criminal court in person appearance proceedings.
- NJ courts will schedule civil and criminal matters with telephonic and video conferences when possible.
- NJ courts will continue to hear ALL emergent matters, including, restraining order hearings, CJP first appearance hearings, pretrial detention and bail hearings, juvenile detention hearings
- NJ courts plan to conduct all pending motions for family and civil matters after March 18, 2020 via telephone or video technology.
- All Appellate and Supreme Courts in NJ are currently open for business.
- For more information and live updates, visit njcourts.gov.
Howard P. Lesnik, Esq., continues to represent clients on ALL Civil and Criminal matters, including:
- Notices of appearance, discovery requests, discovery review, expert reports on DWI and disorderly persons matters, adjournment notices for all clients in municipal court.
- Settlement conferences via telephone with Courts and attorneys on personal injury
- Preparation of discovery, answers to interrogatories, drafting and filing of motions, briefs and full case preparation of all civil matters in Superior Court.
- Discovery review, case negotiations, witness video and audio statement review, grand jury transcript review, filing of all motions, legal briefs, and complete case preparation for all criminal matters in Superior Court.
- All court appearances in person, via telephone or video in New Jersey.
- Appellate filings, briefs and motions for all clients in the Appellate Division.
- New Claims for all personal injury clients injured in accident cases in NJ.
- Client consultations via telephone, email, text, FaceTime, Zoom and in person for all civil and criminal matters.
Tips to Stay Healthy During the Covid-19 Pandemic:
Follow all local and state recommendations for social distancing. Boost your immune system:
- Rest – try to sleep 8 hours every night
- HYDRATE with plenty of water
- Stay away from foods that are processed and high in sugar
- Do not drink just because you do not have to go to the office or school
- Continue to get plenty of exercise
My office is fully open, and I remain available to all clients 24/7 via the office, video or cell phone. Please stay healthy and safe and visit nj.gov/health for more information.