No one asks to be in a car accident. Not only is it inconvenient and costly, it can also leave you or a friend permanently injured. Most drivers know to ask the other driver for a copy of their driver’s license and insurance. What should you do after you exchange information? You should always call and wait for a police officer. The police officer will make a formal accident report. This is called a New Jersey Crash Investigation Report. You need to make an accident report in every NJ car accident. Never leave the accident scene after you get the other driver’s information and phone number. Always call the police and wait for them to arrive.
My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik is dedicated to helping victims in car accidents obtain compensation for their injuries caused by another driver’s negligence. I have litigated countless New Jersey car accident cases as a personal injury lawyer. My experience has developed into a skillful ability to litigate all areas of car accident cases. If you or a family member are injured in a New Jersey car accident, you need an experienced New Jersey injury lawyer to ensure you are fairly compensated. At My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq., I fight to ensure my clients receive the benefits they are entitled to. I am experienced in negotiating with insurance companies and car accident victims throughout New Jersey.
Why is the New Jersey Accident Report so Important?
Police officers are trained at the police academy to make accident reports in New Jersey. Officers can document important information that you need to provide your insurance company for your claim to make sure your medical bills and property damage bills are paid. Accident reports memorialize how the accident happened and can help your lawyer show the other driver was responsible for causing the accident.
What Information is in a NJ Accident Report?
- The accident report contains the necessary date of the accident. This is important because in New Jersey, a lawsuit must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident.
- The report lists the location of the accident. This includes the street and town where the accident happened, as well as the speed limit.
- The insurance information for the other driver will be in the accident report. Your attorney will need this information to notify the other insurance company that you are making a claim for your personal injuries and other economic damages.
- The report will contain the names and addresses of the other driver. It will also contain the name and address of the owner of the car that hit you. Sometimes, the person that hit you was driving someone else’s car. The accident report lists the driver and the owner of the car that hit you.
- The accident report will identify any witnesses who saw the accident first-hand. This is important for your attorney in case the other driver tries to argue that he was not at fault for causing the accident.
- If the other driver was issued any traffic tickets by the police officers, the accident report will list the ticket numbers and violations for the other driver. This helps to show the other driver was liable for causing the accident.
- In some cases, the accident report may state if anyone was injured and if an ambulance was called to the accident scene.
What Else Can My NJ Injury Lawyer do with the Accident Report?
Your attorney needs the accident report for several reasons. It contains vital information required to make a claim for you. Your attorney can contact your insurance company for your PIP coverage to make sure your medical bills are paid and any property damage to your vehicle is covered. Your attorney can contact the insurance company for the other driver to notify them of your accident claim. An experienced NJ injury lawyer can make an OPRA request for the 911 call. If you or a witness called the police to report the accident, this call is saved as a government record and your attorney can request it pursuant to the Open Public Records Act. I request 911 calls for all my cases and use the calls when negotiating with the other insurance company or even in court at trial!
How Much Is My NJ Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of any car accident claim depends on many different factors. These include the extent of the injuries suffered, pain and suffering, and economic expenses including lost wages, property damage and medical bills, At MyNJInjuryLawyer, Howard P. Lesnik has vast experience in handling numerous car accident cases. This allows me to evaluate the value of your claim to obtain the fairest settlement or jury verdict. In claims of significant injuries, I hire with medical experts, economic experts for lost and future wages, and functional capacity experts if you are no longer able to work due to your injuries. These experts prepare reports to calculate your damages for the insurance company or jury to advocate for your maximum compensation.
Why Hire My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
- I always offer a free strategy session with no obligation.
- I never charge a client a fee unless I recover cash settlement.
- I personally provide exclusive one on one devotion to each client.
- I handle all insurance communication, applications and forms at no charge.
- I have obtained countless successful verdicts and settlements for my clients
- My office provides accident investigation services, including obtaining police reports, ambulance reports, 911-calls, witness statements, surveillance video, and all medical reports and records.
- I will litigate your case. If your case cannot be settled with the insurance company, I will file a lawsuit for your accident claim. Most cases settle before trial. But I also look forward to presenting any claim before a jury if necessary.
- I have almost 20 years of experience handling New Jersey car accident cases.
About My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik
Howard Lesnik began practicing personal injury law in 2001, and is vastly skilled in car accident claims, including taking depositions, motion practice, and trial experience. Howard personally handles every car accident case himself and does not farm them out to other attorneys or offices. He brings almost 20 years of experience, countless successful settlements and verdicts, and a drive to help NJ car accident victims get justice they deserve against enormous insurance companies.
Howard is extremely excited by his record of success stories both in and out of the court room. However, he is also honored about how his clients’ experiences with his firm. Howard has 100% positive reviews on Google, Martindale, AVVO and Lawyers.com. Howard is a member of the Ethics Committee and makes sure that all his clients get the attention they deserve and strives to make sure they are satisfied throughout the entire process.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a New Jersey car accident, you should contact an attorney familiar with handling these claims. My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq. offers free strategy sessions to address any issue or questions you may have about your injury, medical bills or your car accident claim.
Please contact NJ Injury Lawyer Howard Lesnik, Esq., immediately if you were involved in a car accident and were injured or suffered damages. I personally handle NJ personal injury cases on a regular basis. Please contact me now by email, by phoning 908.264.7701, or by completing the form to the right to schedule your complimentary 30-minute strategy session.